Friday, July 17, 2009

Fetch Me My 'Depends'

I just finished reading Josh's Emmy blog and my mind wandered for a bit. I'm a daydreamer so this happens often.

Then "Ba-Ding". My e-mail notification tone. "Bzzzzz" my BlackBerry vibrates under my arm alerting me of the same. A new message notification pops up on my computer screen.

The daydream is abruptly over.

I am sure this has happened countless times before, but this time it hit me: Do I really need to hear, feel, and see that my 'Daily Media report' has arrived?

I know this is a very tired and cliche' old man rant, but I really do love technology. I just got this VOIP thing set up so all of my voice mails are sent to my e-mail in a .wav file. It's awesome. But for some reason I was annoyed by it today. Last night I was hanging out at a rock show and was overwhelmed by all the teenagers. "Teenagers?" I could not believe I used that word. That is what old people call me! What is going on? How did this happen?

I was uncomfortable until I found a prematurely balding guy that I convinced myself was older than me. Until I saw his girlfriend that couldn't buy a lottery ticket. Needless to say, I showed the girls I was with that I could still hang...until I fell asleep at 11:45. Thankfully they put a blanket on me before they left. That fan would have given me a cold.

Well, enough rambling. I have three devices reminding my that my fantasy football IR to PS deadline is tonight. Thank god I didn't miss that!

No comments:

Post a Comment