Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Update to Yesterday's Blog

So, of course the next time I listen to 'Lost' it is painfully obvious that Buble is talking about a girl he had a previous relationship with, not sure how it ended, she goes through a traumatic experience, he will always be there for her.

Basically it could have been the theme song for Jennifer Aniston and Ben Affleck's relationship in 'He's Just Not That Into You'. You know that 'Friends' scene where it's raining and 'With or Without You' is playing? Just insert that scene into that movie, only Ross is Ben Affleck, and 'Lost' is playing. Actually they really should have done that. Somehow this realization takes some of the fun out of the song. This is why I believe what a song means to ME is oftentimes more important that what the artist meant.

Needless to say, I haven't listened to 'Lost' since. My Lady Gaga bender over the weekend has me set for a while, and somehow admitting publicly my love of Kings of Leon has made me insecure about them at the moment. So this morning I needed to change it up, and as i flipped through my iPod at 6am I was drawn to Silverchair's "Young Modern", a fun album that you will remember for the hit single 'Straight Lines' but reminded me of 'Winter Meltdown '07' at the TED. We went for Jimmy Eat World, but Silverchair was a nice bonus. Another reason I love music. Without Silverchair I would totally have forgotten this story; I already have too many J.E.W. memories.

That night pretty much sums up my relationship with Aaron: terrifying and awesome.

Terrifying: Being hit on by two girls (during Silverchair) who:

Claimed to go to: Longwood
Actually went to: Tallwoood

Big difference. Needless to say, I've been IDing ever since. Fortunately Aaron and I decided to sneak into VIP (a few bands latter b/c we wanted a better view for J.E.W.) which led to:

Awesome: Crashing a VIP room and becoming best friends in 30 seconds with some random dude who is having a birthday party. This led to his uptight sister spending 30 minutes trying to kick us out before he kicked her out. Don't mess w Paulie Walnuts and the Beast when we have our A-game on. (We got Sam and Noelle in too, and we all rocked out from the best seats at the TED).

2 comments:

  1. Alright, more inside jokes from that particular night that will make your readers question our relationship..."I got a zippa fo' my nipple...squaaadleedoo" Oh, and yelling at that girl in front of her boyfriend that put drinks on my tab the week before.

    Terrifying and awesome. Well put, Paulie. Maybe that's why I love that we're so dangerous we have to be separated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap...I totally forgot that all happened on the same night!

    I am LMAO over the squaaadleedoo...I think we kept that going for like 6 month+

    The drink-tab-call-out might be our finest moment: it took balls, and it had to be done. I was not letting her get away with that, and you totally manned up and slammed her. Awesome. Karma: 1, sketchy girls: 0

    I'll say it aging: Don't mess w Paulie Walnuts and the Beast when we have our A-game on

    p.s. We need to put this night up for descusion in the amazing nights Hall of Fame. I don't think it gets enough credit.

    p.p.s. No wonder we don't trust girls...to recap, in just one night we had to deal with: Liars, a straight bi-atch of the highest degree, and a legitimate thief+supersketch combo. How we managed an epic night dealing with that is just impressive.

    ReplyDelete