Thursday, June 25, 2009

Five Random Things

Some random things to comment on that either did not deserve a full blog, or I lacked the time/creativity/intelligence to expound upon.

1. One of my main goals on my last trip home was getting Jacob and Benji hooked on Mad Men. We watched S1E1 on my last night in town, and the rest is history. Season 3 starts August 16th. If you catch up now, you can be cool. If you wait any longer, you will have to choose between being a poser or a loser and you will hate yourself. Season 1 can be obtained on Netflix. Season 2 will be officially released on July 14th but you can get most episodes online if you are smart like me, and all the episodes if you know someone smart like Dave. I will be writing a full Mad Men blog soon, and I am even thinking about returning to my blogging roots with weekly episode reviews.

2. Since I have been blogging again, my Twitter obsession has wained. I only have so much creative juice, and I like my tweets to be somewhat interesting or newsworthy (relatively speaking of course). I have found myself drifting back to facebook more as well. Do you care? I doubt it. I know this and I still say it. That tells you a lot about me.

3. I talked earlier this week about counting to five. I also bragged about how well my routine had worked the past few months. Of course this led to me getting cocky, which led to me not counting every time, which led to me losing my glasses. The lesson? Not sure there is one.

4. I am never one to be concerned with the state of the world, but N Korea has threatened to nuke us if we mess with that sketchy ship of theirs we have been following. I can't help but feel like another Korean War is possible. I am following the Iranian election very closely, but I am bordering on obsessed with Korea. I just remembered I spent a month or so last summer studying the Korean War, so maybe that is why.

5. I have no idea why that Gov Sanford story interested me in the first place, but talk about a pay-off. I am usually not interested in those kind of stories, but for some reason I found myself wondering where this dude disappeared to. The writing in Appalachia just didn't sound right. But Argentinian mistress? You can't make this stuff up.

That's all for now. Off to work. "OK Computer" was today's album de jour. Some days you just don't want to be let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment