Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Letter of Recommendation from Rach:

I saw Rach this weekend, and I remembered the letter I made her write because no one believed my story on how we ended. A few of you have read it, but for the rest of you here it is. While it is true that I knew it was not going to work out, and talked to most of you about that, here is proof that I actually tried, and I was not the first one to bail. She is way happy now that she is dating someone she actually likes, and I am way happy NOT dating someone that I could not have romantic feelings towards. So HA, I was right, and I am not a serial-runner, or game-player, or only-in-it-for-the-chase. Any girl that bails on Kai's birthday party has no room for me, and I think that is a perfectly valid reason to have 'the talk'. So here it is, the ex-gf recommendation letter:

"Dear Jessie, Sam, Noelle, Josh, Summer, Em, Dave? Kevin? I'm not sure which of Paul's friends are giving him a hard time about our recent breakup. I'm guessing Aaron is celebrating. :)

Anyway, I will be surprised if Paul actually sends this to anyone, but glad if he does. Paul is a great guy as we all know, and did nothing wrong in our relationship, so therefore deserves to have the record set straight. My guess is that some may think Paul sabotaged the relationship, maybe because he got scared of getting too close, or that things started getting hard, so he bailed, or that he just didn't put forth an effort to pursue me. But, I am writing to say that none of those things are true. Paul was a great boyfriend. He was patient, understanding, and most definitely pursued me through my walled and maze-like heart. So why would I break up with him? I asked myself that for a while since we got along well had fun together etc etc.

At the end of the day though, something just didn't sit well with me...maybe I'm still just too restless and want to save the world and move overseas...maybe I have "issues"....maybe we're just two great individuals who were okay matches but not ideal. Whatever the case, I have no regrets. I'm proud of Paul and grateful for his efforts to face his fears or "commitment issues" (or whatever you want to call them) as we did grow closer together; he was patient with me as I also worked through my junk as well. He made me feel special, cared for, and appreciated. Paul did everything he was capable of. I'm grateful he didn't put on a show and try to win me over by trying to be someone he thought I would want or anything of that nature. He was always honest and true to himself and for that I am very grateful. I want to thank all of you for being so great to me while I was around. I truly did enjoy the time spent with and getting to know you, and am glad Paul has such quality friends.

Please take care of and encourage him. So in closing Paul was a stellar boyfriend; blame our relationship's end on me. I would write a letter of recommendation for him to future girls! I only hope he continues to choose girls that are actually interesting to him that he likes...and are near his own age! ;)

Thanks for listening...and remember...blame me , not him! :)

Rachel"

1 comment:

  1. Greatest thing ever written. Unfortunately we all know it's going to get turned into a crappy romantic comedy called "The Recommendation" and star a shirtless Matthew McConaughey. Ugh I just got sad

    ReplyDelete