Monday, March 17, 2008

Didn’t We Almost Have It All

"Didn’t we almost have it all...when love was all we had worth giving? The ride with you was worth the fall...my friend"

Those were the words of Whitney Houston that overpowered my senses as I rode home from the bar tonight with my dear friend Josh. Two (supposedly) straight men on the verge of tears listening to Whitney.

That happened.

And by tonight, I mean like 2 minutes ago. Yes it’s 7:36 PM. I guess I should backtrack a bit:

Today we found out that our radio show had been canceled. For the second time in two years, the powers that be were threatened by our success and took the time slot we had built and sold it to some shit show for three times what it was worth. They say it was about the money. Isn’t that what they always say? Who cares? The magazine went belly up when the LM deal fell through, so now it’s over. The end of an era. Once we were media moguls (not really, but for a couple hours a week it sure felt like it). Now we are forced to examine what remains. Some dreams come to an end. Was it worth it? Did it matter? Let’s see if Whitney has an answer:

"A moment in the soul can last forever…comfort and keep us.. Help me bring the feeling back again!"

Well, if that is true than it was. I can honestly say I’d do it all over again. You can’t always win, but you can always look back at your life and say you tried. Without this experience (and Josh pushing me allthe way), I would always wonder what might have been. Maybe now it’s just a memory, but what else do we have to live for.

"Couldn’t we reach inside and find that world of me and you? .. We’ll never lose it again ’Cause once you know what love is you never let it end... Didn’t we almost have it all…when love was all we had worth giving? .. Didn’t we almost have it all?"

I totally ripped of your style buddy, but I rode your coatails as far as I could go. I love you man. Lets keep shooting for the stars

No comments:

Post a Comment